Today we are delving into the topic of self care even further, specifically how it relates to the food you choose to nourish your body with. Of all the area’s of health and wellbeing, how we feed ourselves is the most direct reflection our digestive microflora but also of how we feel about ourselves and our bodies.
What can the food on your plate tell you about your inner state?
If you are in a place where you are unaware of the importance of food, or don’t care enough about yourself and the health of your body, your diet will reflect this in the quick, easy, cheap, fast food options you choose.
The opposite end of this is when you honour yourself and your body with love and care, and choose local, organic, fresh, nourishing food options that you can enjoy and have fun creating delicious meals with. We can all get to this place; it just takes some honest inner work and gentle self-care.
How can you heal and grow a loving relationship with food?
Awareness is the starting point for all change and healing, so the first step is to become aware of the reasons why you eat the way you do. Some reasons why we may be making poor food choices are to block emotions we don’t want to truly feel, because we are bored or lonely, or to suppress low self esteem.
Ask yourself the following questions, and answer honestly in your journal:
- Why am I eating the way I am?
- How am I feeling about myself?
- How do I want to feel about myself?
- Do I want to change my relationship with food?
- How can I do this? What adjustments do I need to make within myself and my life?
Gaining clarity around why you need and want to make change helps you with motivation and drive, and allows you to stay on the path to creating the changes you want to see in your life.
A really powerful way to help you change the way you think about food is to use positive affirmations. Consciously choosing to reframe your thoughts in this way is a very powerful catalyst for change. Here are some affirmations you can use, or you can create your own:
- I easily and willingly choose nourishing, fresh, healthy foods
- I choose to nourish and nurture my body with fresh healthy foods
- I have everything I need to prepare nutritious, delicious meals with ease
- I choose to nourish my body for excellent health and wellbeing
- I am willing to take the time to nourish myself with fresh healthy food
This process is a journey, and like all good things it takes time to change and grow. Be gentle with yourself, commit to making small changes each week, and watch your health and wellness blossom as you begin to truly nourish yourself from the inside out.
If this is something you feel you need extra support with Book Online your appointment for specific tailored make treatment plans that are specific for your mind, body and soul.